Sunday, August 7, 2011

New Friends.....

I have been blessed in the friends dept. lately, NLC photo group helped me meet Chris G. A wonderful, knowledgeable photographer who is helping me understand the Not "auto" settings of my Nikon... so Manual is now my new challenge.

While at Starbucks, waiting for Chris......
I couldn't resist the Venus Fly Trap plant. Yes...its alive, I got the buds to close.


I then tried to apply my new lesson and went out and parked at UCCS Recreation center to shoot the Garden of the God's road.....and a cool rainstorm arrived, and the sun came out at same time......



Then..Saturday I was on Facebook and a lady named Dina was asking if anyone wanted to hang out and perhaps show her how to set her camera to capture the beauty of Colorado. She is visiting from Idaho.

We met at Village Inn and chatted for a long time, and then headed to retake some Garden of The God's photos, then Manitou Springs, Down through Rte 24 to Woodland Park and onto Rte 67 towards the Hayman Fire grounds.
(The Hayman Fire was a forest fire that started 35 miles (56 km) northwest of Colorado Springs on June 8, 2002, and became the largest fire in the state's recorded history.)

 and then Today.. I meet up w/ other photographer's.... a few named Try, Brian, Tony and my 2 friends Chris and Dina, and many others I will get to know in a Manitou Springs Photography Club. Can't wait!

Well, off to get some pics edited to upload the FB page for the club meeting tonight at 5PM. See ya later!

No comments:

Post a Comment