Thursday, June 9, 2011

Not done yet obviously.....

So I didn't give up Phlogging (photo Blogging... my new word) as you can see.
  I had withdrawals... and the puppy did too!

I took off w/ another destination, but...... again I didn't plan well.

I looked up historical structures on a cool site: Waymarking, sites and coordinates.

I read about a cool reformed Train depot in Castle Rock, so off I went. 4PM.

Found my way to Castlerock, CO and instantly had trouble. I came into town the wrong way so I never found the street I needed to be on. I had to turn around about a dozen times. 1st st.....2nd st.....3rd...4th...5th...ahh ok... now where is Elbert St off Fifth????

Saw 2 long trains cross my path, and tons of posh lil shopping areas. But no Elbert St. and no locals know what I am talking about.

I did see this though..... 

Weird huh????



and this also.....






ok, after 1 hour in a 10 minute long area, I make my way back home.....discouraged.

Took a longer way home... and found this....





Pretty sweet... 
but too bad I couldn't drive up to it... this was captured by my 300mm zoom lens.






I got off the main roads, and he was there to greet me....


How are you??



Ok, so today sucked, but I plan to go back w/ a map/GPS/tour guide.... anything to get me to Elbert St.

No comments:

Post a Comment